Winner of the External Solution of the Year 2015, from the Learning and Performance Institute’s Learning Awards
NROL3 is a complex system roll out for Network Rail. Impacting work management, trains, passengers and incidents, it has multiple interfaces and numerous user roles and processes. Afiniti supported Network Rail in delivering this change to 1500 users over 40 locations in a 24/7 operation, with the client every step of the way. We maintained flexibility during a moving plan and supported the client in managing the complexity of the programme though expert support in change management, project management, learning and engagement and communications.
- Highly tailored multi-format learning for users with varied roles and working practices
- Modular classroom and online learning, plus 24 hour support with quick reference guides tailored to each audience
- Flexible and expert project management to meet fast paced changes and new requirements
- Design, branding and communications that united people behind a common goal and worked alongside the learning to give the core messages impact and build new behaviours
Benefits and Outcomes
- 1,500 user community proficient and skilled in new NDS (National Delivery Service) business processes underpinned by NROL3
- Excellent learner feedback -“The practical sessions are excellent and it gave me a feel of what to expect” – “Good to see NROL from the customer’s perspective and what our team are able to access and use it for”
- Flexible engagement and learning that addressed needs of both an internal workforce and external suppliers
Delivering change successfully to users has supported the new system in realising substantial business benefit – reducing cost and risk, as shown by a £10m saving made to seasonal treatment as a result of better processes and systems.
Afiniti has been accommodating when we requested late changes to the training schedule and especially when customers needed additional training at the last minute. This can do attitude and willingness to help has only ever reflected well on the reputation of NDS
Project Manager, Network Rail
Date: Aug 2013