Afiniti is an award-winning business change consultancy with an exciting opportunity for a communications specialist, experienced in supporting technology-driven change and digital communications, to join our consultancy team
Job Title: Communications Consultant (permanent, full-time)
Location: London (with travel likely)
We help our clients to effect lasting change within their organisations that delivers real business benefits. Due to demand from our growing client base, we’re seeking a very technically proficient communications professional, with a track record in providing advice and support on major technology or IT system rollouts (e.g. SAP) and / or on the implementation and management of enterprise social networks.
As communications consultant you’ll work with our clients as part of their project teams to support their change initiatives. The role is busy and varied and responsibilities include:
- Creating and delivering change communications strategies and plans, incorporating engaging and innovative channels including digital / social media.
- Analysing and engaging with stakeholders.
- Advising and enabling clients to ‘co-create’ and deliver sustainable engagement approaches.
- Producing compelling and creative material, including online and email content, video storyboards, live events and presentations, often in collaboration with our in-house design team.
- Designing and implementing effective evaluation strategies.
- Developing and managing strong client relationships.
Skills and Experience
Ideally, you’ll have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in either a consultancy or internal communications role.
- Experience delivering a range of communications (digital and offline) as part of business change or transformation in the context of technology or IT-led change.
- A strong degree of technical proficiency, an understanding of the IT landscape in organisations and experience working with IT teams or functions.
- A good understanding of the role social media can play in effective communications, the tools and platforms available and the principles of community management.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, ideally with experience in facilitation.
- A creative mind-set and experience working with creative teams to develop compelling material in line with client brand.
- Proven strength in building client relationships and managing stakeholder expectations
- Confidence working across multiple client engagements and managing deliverables to agreed scope, time and budget.
- An understanding of the concept and practice of business change and how people go through change. Knowledge of change management theory and methods would be beneficial.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits. You’ll also gain great exposure to clients in major organisations across a variety of industries. The role is based in London and you will most likely be required to undertake some travel to other UK and European locations. Meet some of the Afiniti team you’ll be working with and read about our communications services and experience.
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV, salary expectations and a brief covering letter telling us why you’re the right person for this role.