Job Basis: Employed Perm
Salary Range: £45,000-£53,000 (depending on experience)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Creative Lead from a graphic design background to work as an integral part of our consultancy team. You will manage our design practice, provide creative direction for our clients and create, plan and deliver creative work that brings their business change to life.
We help our clients make change stick, whether it’s driven by new technology, organisational structures, ways of working, or a combination of all three. We do this by offering a powerful blend of change management, communications, learning and project management expertise, all underpinned by our creative capabilities in bringing change to life. Creative work produced for our clients ranges from branding and visual identities for change programmes/initiatives to supporting collateral including videos, animations, rich pictures, infographics, presentations and posters.
This is an ideal position for a Senior Graphic Designer wishing to progress their career further in a client-facing role with overall design practice responsibility. As Creative Lead you will work closely with our clients from a range of corporate sectors, to ensure they are supported, knowledgeable and confident about the creative deliverables that will support their change journey. You will be involved in planning strategies, concepts and campaigns that understand the change vision, the key messages to be conveyed and the audiences, all whilst ensuring that the creative deliverables are relevant, relatable, impactful and sustained.
You will oversee the entire creative process and manage the design practice day to day, including our small productive team of graphic designers, videographers and voiceover artists, whilst also undertaking creative design work yourself. You will be a hands-on leader expected to achieve revenue and margin targets for the practice. Our creative thinking and design capabilities are a vital part of our value proposition so we will look to this role to innovate and grow our capabilities.
As part of the recruitment process, we will be setting a creative assessment asking shortlisted candidates to present a campaign approach and supporting creative concepts aligned to a pre-defined scenario. This will be your opportunity to demonstrate your creative thinking and experience and stand out from the other candidates.
Your skills and experience
Ideally, you’ll bring the following skills, experience and attributes:
- A design related degree and strong B2B corporate design experience is required, with some experience working directly with clients, ideally across multiple sectors
- A gifted, mature designer with at least 10 years’ design experience, ideally with experience working across multiple design disciplines (static/graphic, motion graphics, interactive)
- Proven experience of managing creative work and, ideally, design teams to time, scope and budgets
- Polished and confident presentation and listening skills, able to lead creative workshops and meetings to scope out client requirements
- Experience in developing creative briefs and conceptual ideas, working with the design team to produce and present ideas and obtain input from the client and project team to gain support and sign-off
- Very creative in concept creation, ideas, messages and campaigns, with a passion for all things creative and an understanding of the latest creative trends
- Proven ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure, managing several projects at one time often to critical deadlines
You will be based out of our London City office, supporting clients across the UK, Europe and, occasionally, world-wide.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with clients from a number of prestigious brands and sectors, to nurture and grow the design practice, collaborating with our other business change practices to ensure they are aligned, and to proactively develop our creative capabilities.