Afiniti is a fresh, creative business change consultancy with an exciting new opportunity for a Creative Traffic Manager to join the busy creative practice in our growing partnership, supporting all aspects of client project delivery. You will have a graphic design background working as an integral part of our consultancy team. You will manage our creative practice resources and workflow, co-ordinating design jobs and briefs for our client projects, contributing to outstanding delivery excellence of our creative work that brings our clients business change to life.
We help our clients make change stick, whether it’s driven by new organisational structures, technology, ways of working, or a combination of all three. We do this by offering a powerful blend of change management, communications, learning and project management expertise, all underpinned by our creative capabilities in bringing change to life. Creative work produced for our clients ranges from branding and visual identities for change programmes/initiatives to supporting collateral including videos, animations, rich pictures, infographics, presentations and posters.
This is an ideal position for a Graphic Designer wishing to develop their career working for a busy creative practice, gaining hands-on experience of managing the design resources and workflow for our consultancy business. We believe this is a part-time position, needed 5 days a week and open to options on how this can work. Day to day the Creative Traffic Manager will ensure the creative practice is running smoothly, that briefs are written on time, that the right internal and external resources have been booked against projects, ensuring that processes are being refined and that you are keeping track of and recording the commercial figures aligned to project scope and budget. In addition, the role involves:
- Monitoring available resources and the booking schedule for design work – ensuring coverage across all incoming work
- Undertaking project scheduling and planning workflow to support project teams
- Helping identify and appoint the correct internal or freelance design resources
- Working closely with the project leads to negotiate achievable delivery timelines
- Scoping out projects and determining the feasibility of producing final creative work across a variety of outputs
- Supporting the briefing of designers on specific creative tasks and projects to ensure that the process is followed with quality briefs being provided by project teams
- Overseeing the creative process and managing the design resources day to day, including our team of creative directors, graphic designers, videographers, voiceover, copywriters and illustrators
- Taking responsibility of the creative practice tools and systems to ensure the resources are performing at an optimum and fully functional
- Keeping track of commercials, providing an accurate weekly design pipeline report to the Finance function to ensure resources are aligned to the company-wide resourcing process
- Reporting to the Creative Director Partner on the design team capacity and outputs, highlighting and mitigating risk
Your skills and experience
Ideally, you’ll bring the following skills, experience and attributes:
- A design related degree/qualification and strong B2B corporate design experience
- A designer with at least 3-4 years’ design/traffic management experience, working across multiple design disciplines (static/graphic, motion graphics, interactive)
- Proven experience of traffic management/managing creative work and design teams, to time, scope and budgets
- Resourcing experience with high volume of work across multiple projects
- Ability to identify potential issues/risks demonstrating good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Adept at briefing creative teams and reporting into project teams on progress
- Great attention to detail and the ability to handle fast paced complexity and change
- Constantly looking to improve efficiencies and iterate design management processes
- Flexible approach to challenges with a solid understanding of the variables involved in project delivery
- Polished and confident presentation and listening skills, able to work with project leads and teams to scope and manage design jobs
You will be based out of our London City office, supporting clients across the UK, Europe and world-wide. Potential flexible working conditions depending on circumstances and part-time availability.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with clients from a number of prestigious brands and sectors, to deliver high quality traffic management of the creative practice, collaborating with our other business change consultants to ensure they are aligned.
As part of the recruitment process, we will be setting an assessment asking shortlisted candidates to respond to a pre-defined scenario. This will be your opportunity to demonstrate your creative thinking and traffic management experience and stand out from the other candidates.
To find out more, please apply to Sarah Corsar immediately with your current CV and a covering letter telling us why you are the right person for this role.