We are currently expanding our talented team of business change consultants and have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Principal-level Change Management Consultant experienced in designing, implementing and leading the delivery of change management solutions.
At Afiniti, our values and ethos are pivotal to our way of thinking and working and it’s vital for us to attract, retain and develop like-minded people, who truly reflect our brand – we believe we are exceptional people – doing exceptional things!
Listed for consecutive years by the FT as one of the UK’s Leading Management Consultancies, our diverse, award-winning team thrives on solving client problems and tackling challenges. We are brimming with ideas and enjoy co-creating with colleagues and clients. We are committed to delivering high-quality work, are positive, curious, proactive, and above all else, love working as part of a team.
In this role you will work as a key part of our clients’ project teams to support their change programmes and initiatives, whether driven by new technology, processes or organisational structures.
You will work closely with the Afiniti team across our clients and industry sectors, and guide more junior consultants, to help deliver our wide-ranging portfolio of business change services, all of which enable our clients to embed new behaviours and ways of working.
- Managing change management deliverables to scope, budget and quality, and, when appropriate, managing client engagements and our engagement teams.
- Leading the creation and execution of change management strategies and plans that maximise adoption and usage and minimise resistance, applying a structured methodology and incorporating feedback to ensure effectiveness.
- Developing change roadmaps.
- Assessing the change impact.
- Conducting robust change readiness analysis and actions plans.
- Conducting detailed stakeholder analysis; creating and implementing stakeholder management plans, identifying resistance and performance gaps and taking corrective action.
- Defining the communications and learning strategies as part of the broader change strategy; working with specialist communications and learning resources to ensure optimum communications and learning approaches.
- Carrying out engagement activities including facilitating workshops, building change networks and driving effective communications.
- Defining and measuring success metrics and monitoring change progress; evaluating client and user feedback and incorporating lessons for future engagements.
Skills and knowledge required:
- A relevant degree or equivalent and typically with a minimum of seven years’ relevant experience in change management consulting or business partnering roles, supporting large-scale business change programmes encompassing technology, process and organisational change
- Strong consulting track record with proven ability to deliver, and lead others in the delivery of, significant business outcomes as a result of successful change activities.
- A deep understanding of how people go through change and the change process with in-depth knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools, evidenced by theoretical underpinning (Kotter, PROSCI, CMI etc)
- Ability to scope change management consulting in terms of deliverables, resources, schedules and constraints.
- Assured presentation and facilitation skills, experienced in designing, developing and delivering workshops using latest facilitation techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills working with both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experienced Project Manager, used to leading projects and ideally with a PM qualification (e.g. Prince2)
- Excellent client-facing and stakeholder management skills, with a track record of successful relationship management at senior executive level and proven ability to ‘land and expand’ in client environments
- Commercially aware and able to balance commercial constraints with strong delivery under pressure
- Original, imaginative and creative thinker; proven ability to contribute thought leadership internally and to clients.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to work with our talented, award-winning team.
- Flexible-working options – we have a range of roles including part-time and full-time.
- Regular Afiniti check-ins, networking and knowledge sharing opportunities – you’ll be able to learn from the best while also sharing your own unique experiences.
- Build your portfolio of consulting experience with our prestigious clients.
- A long-standing partnership – we take personal and professional development seriously and invest in our people through coaching, training and mentoring.
We’re looking for someone who will be able to travel to our London office and our clients in the South East, regularly. You’ll have the opportunity to work flexibly from home at times too, although we are seeking someone who is also happy to undertake travel to other UK, European and, occasionally, global locations – different clients and projects have different travel requirements.