Bid Manager / Writer – Professional Services
Afiniti is a fresh, creative business change consultancy with people values at the heart of our brand. We currently have a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced, professional services bid writer to help manage a busy business development process in our growing partnership, working across all aspects of the sales process and sales opportunity management for new business and existing accounts.
Day to day you will take ownership of sales documents and proposals, supporting teams by setting up initial templates, drafting content and helping to craft compelling messaging. Supporting the Managing Partners and Account Managers, working with SME’s for content input and Designers to add creative flair. Part of the role is to manage the analytics to understand why we win or lose opportunities to inform future bidding activities and approaches. This role is particularly interesting as it allows an individual to get involved in many aspects of the sales process including sales campaigns and lead management with the potential to bring new ideas and creative thinking to our sales approaches, bids and proposals.
This is an ideal position for an experienced sales professional who has a desire to take ownership and management of a key business development area of our partnership, working directly with the Managing Partners to support sales opportunities. The role involves:
- Supporting the business development process, working with the Partners and sales team to drive campaigns, lead management and opportunity management
- Writing draft bid content in line with the client requirements – working with the Opportunity owner
- Creation of sales opportunity follow up materials and information to position Afiniti and help move Prospects through the sales process
- Managing a tender lifecycle to support the lead Managing Partner, organising and facilitating deadlines, meetings and workshops to aid the smooth running of the process
- Managing relationships with Partners, Consultants, Marketing and Design to collate the relevant content for successful bids
- Involvement in the alignment of Afiniti approaches to the client requirements, providing clear and compelling responses
- Crafting campaigns to attract new business and generate new sales opportunities
- Market research to support Afiniti’s sales and business strategies
- Ownership of the sales documentation library and assets
Your skills and experience
Ideally, you’ll have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 10 years sales experience and bid writing for professional services / consultancies
- A good understanding of the sales lifecycle
- Prior experience of managing a tender process
- Polished writing skills with some creative flair
- Ability to understand and interpret a client need to create relevant and compelling responses and approaches
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, good planning and prioritising skills and able to manage own workload
- Knowledge and experience of using a CRM (SalesForce advantageous)
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft office suite
- A resilient individual who can work under pressure and manage senior level expectations
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a creative business change consultancy with clients from a number of prestigious brands and sectors, managing sales and opportunity follow-up and proposals. A values-driven business, at Afiniti we pride ourselves on living our values: people at the heart, client comes first and act with integrity. We thrive on developing individuals, allowing people to build on their strengths and grow confidence in new areas of expertise.
Flexible working conditions.
As part of the recruitment process, we will be setting an assessment asking shortlisted candidates to respond to a pre-defined scenario. This will be your opportunity to demonstrate your experience and stand out from the other candidates.
Please apply immediately with your current CV and a covering letter telling us why you are the right person for this role.