- A detailed stakeholder analysis and impact assessment was conducted to ensure the right level of support, communications and learning for the roles affected.
- An appealing visual identity was developed and applied to all communications materials to create awareness and increase engagement.
- An engaging communications strategy and plan was delivered to maximise awareness and attendance at training, including, events, posters and handouts.
- An enthusiastic champions network was formed which represented all procurement teams both centrally and out in the network – they played a significant role in firstly configuring the system and testing but then supporting users’ preparations for change.
- We developed system and process training, involving the right roles when relevant to them. Each location was allocated dedicated and planned support and we trained support teams to ensure knowledge was sustainable and available in house.
The differences we made
- 100% of procurement teams now effectively use the common system, processes and procedures.
- NR are able to meet regulatory requirements, reducing financial implications and risk of reputational damage.
- Every procurement team within the business was represented through workshops and interviews.
- The change champions network was hugely successful with true advocates of the project.
- The champions continued to be dedicated with training and assistance after go-live.
- The users of the new systems, processes and procedures were aware, prepared and trained for go-live with minimal impact on the business during the go-live period