Seamless engagement and learning for a new way of working
As part of a global roll out, DHL Supply Chain implemented a new Warehouse Management System. The system automates their operations for greater consistency and ultimately flawless execution in an environment where every second counts.
They enlisted our help to change behaviour and mindsets. These aspects of change presented a greater challenge than the already significant task of learning new processes and technology.
Clear communications and easy-to-digest information supported the switch from ‘working on instinct’ to trusting a more complex system of computer-processed data. We developed the following:
- A programme identity which connected learning and engagement activity. We created characters to tell the story of the new warehouse management system
- Appealing learning packages designed for all audiences, many of whom speak English as a second language
- Role-based workshops and eLearning, which were quickly adaptable for audiences, allowing each site to make the journey at their own pace and in their own style
- A framework of messages to explain the rationale and make it easy to pass on the story of change consistently.
- A standard comms plan and a toolkit of branded materials – from sponsor videos to FAQ sheets – for managers dealing with each implementation.
Benefits and Outcomes
Date: August 2013