We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced IT change communications specialist, initially full-time to mid-January next year and with the potential to be extended further. Candidates need to be flexible with the ability to travel regularly, primarily to Aberdeen, and happy to work remotely also…
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced IT change communications specialist, initially full-time to mid-January next year and with the potential to be extended further.
You will provide change communications expertise to support a global O&G organisation as they undertake a major transformation programme; they are embarking on a large-scale IT integration piece with an SAP focus, initially affecting their people in the UK and northern Europe. You will be working alongside an Afiniti team of change, communications and creative consultants as well as closely with the client programme team as they drive consistency in systems, processes and ways of working.
You will lead and drive the change communications deliverables and activity for the related integration projects. Your responsibilities will be a mix of strategic and tactical and will include:
- Developing and delivering an integrated communications strategy and plan.
- Producing a range of communications and engagement deliverables and activities, including online and email content, PowerPoint presentations and printed materials, which will often involve briefing and then collaborating closely with our in-house creative design team. You will also be responsible for reviewing comms produced by other areas of the business before they go to the client change lead for final approval.
- Conducting ongoing key stakeholder engagement, deploying a range of methods e.g. one to ones, group meetings, and workshop facilitation.
- Working as part of the client’s central change management team, alongside other Afiniti consultants, liaising with senior stakeholders and collaborating with the client’s internal communications team.
Skills and knowledge required:
- A strong IT change communications background, with solid experience in the delivery of communications in the context of major technology or IT system change, ideally in an engineering based industry sector such as oil & gas / energy, utilities, transport etc.
- Ideally experience working on SAP or other ERP transformation programmes
- Experience in providing communications that support a mix of office-based and front-line staff in operational environments.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, great MS Office skills including the ability to create your own polished presentations.
- A creative mind-set and hands-on experience in briefing and working with creatives to produce creative communications materials.
- The ability to build strong client relationships and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Confident self-managing a varied workload and working to tight deadlines.
- An understanding of the concept and practice of business change and how people go through change would be highly advantageous, as would any knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in communications.
- This engagement will start ASAP and is full-time, initially running through to mid-January 2019 with the potential to extend further.
- The client team is based in Aberdeen so there needs to be flexibility to undertake regular travel primarily to Aberdeen (3-4 days per week on average) and a willingness to work remotely with the team at other times.