Senior Change and Communications Consultant
This is an opportunity for an experienced change management consultant with demonstrable change communications experience too, to join us as a Senior Change and Communications Consultant.
At Afiniti, our values and ethos are pivotal to our way of thinking and working and it’s vital for us to attract, retain and develop like-minded people, who truly reflect our brand – we believe we are exceptional people – doing exceptional things!
Listed for consecutive years by the FT as one of the UK’s Leading Management Consultancies, our diverse, award-winning team thrives on solving client problems and tackling challenges. We are brimming with ideas and enjoy co-creating with colleagues and clients. We are committed to delivering high-quality work, are positive, curious, proactive, and above all else, love working as part of a team.
In this busy, fast-paced role, you will work with us on our clients’ complex, large-scale (often global) business change programmes impacting their people, processes and technology. You’ll be responsible for designing and delivering communications and engagement solutions for our clients, working as a key part of their project teams to support their change programmes and initiatives whether driven by new technology, processes or organisational structures.
Working with drive and energy, you’ll be responsible for delivering and at times leading others in delivery of change management and communications deliverables including: change impact analysis and change readiness analysis, change strategy and plan (incorporating communications and engagement), stakeholder analysis, engagement and management, and the establishment and ongoing support of change / adoption networks. This is a varied role that will provide you with ample opportunity to use both your change management and communications experience and demonstrate your talents for consultancy, creativity and commercial acumen.
- Lead the design and delivery of change communications for our clients in the context of their broader business change
- Apply a highly creative approach, coming up with themes, concepts, ideas and campaigns to bring the change to life, and work closely with our creative design team to realise them
- Manage communications deliverables to time, scope, budget and quality, track progress against project plans, and manage more junior consultants on our engagements
- Make a significant contribution to Afiniti’s Centre of Excellence (CoE) by supporting the continuous development of our business change approach and tools in line with industry recognised standards and benchmarks
- Contribute to our business development strategy and activities, ensuring all opportunities are
You’ll work closely with the team across our clients and industry sectors, and guide more junior consultants, to help deliver our wide-ranging portfolio of business change services, all of which enable our clients to embed new behaviours and ways of working.
The role requires creativity, energy and flexibility and offers continuing growth and development, involvement in broader business change, and the opportunity to make a significant impact in interesting and demanding client situations.
As an Afiniti Senior Change and Communications Consultant, your role will typically include:
- Finding, creating and telling the story or narrative for the change and designing message frameworks to support it
- Creating and delivering communications strategies and plans that understand the scale, nature and complexity of the change
- Developing and delivering stakeholder management strategies, based on comprehensive analysis
- Developing engaging communications campaigns using a range of channels, underpinned by an understanding of the client culture
- Producing compelling and creative communications and engagement deliverables, activities and collateral; including brands and identities for change programmes/initiatives, intranet and email look, feel and content, polished presentations and engagement decks, engaging infographics, animations and This will involve collaborating closely with our in-house design team
- Building, supporting and sustaining change agent networks
- Developing our clients’ internal change capabilities; advising and enabling them to ‘co- create’ and deliver sustainable engagement approaches
- Managing the communications plan and deliverables to scope, budget and quality, and often managing other communications consultants
- Carrying out measurement approaches and strategies, evaluating results and taking lessons learned
- Managing stakeholders throughout an engagement; influencing and collaborating with them to gain commitment to the content and strategies needed, including internal communications partners and project/programme
As such, ideally you will bring:
- A relevant degree or equivalent and at least 7 years’ experience in internal communications, from strategy through to hands-on tactical delivery, with significant experience of providing communications to support large-scale business change programmes encompassing technology, process and organisational change
- Experience in and exposure to business change in a range of industry sectors and impacting diverse audiences from office-based to operational to remote teams
- Ability to demonstrate a consultative approach from previous experience, and confidence self-managing a varied workload
- A highly creative mind-set and significant experience in briefing and working with designers to produce creative communications materials, such as presentations, videos and animations
- Excellent writing, including the storytelling and the creation of key
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, with advanced MS Office skills including the ability to create polished
- Excellent client-facing and stakeholder management skills, with a track record of successful relationship management at senior executive level
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to balance commercial constraints with high quality delivery
- An understanding of the concept and practice of business change and how people go through change is necessary; knowledge of business change principles, methodologies or tools (e.g. Prosci ADKAR) is highly desirable
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to work with our talented, award-winning team.
- Regular Afiniti check-ins, networking and knowledge sharing opportunities – you’ll be able to learn from the best while also sharing your own unique experiences.
- Build your portfolio of consulting experience with our prestigious clients.
- A long-standing partnership – we take personal and professional development seriously and invest in our people through coaching, training and mentoring.
For an immediate conversation to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply to Sarah Corsar with your current CV and tell us why you would like to work with us.