A Values-Driven, People-Centric Approach to Embed a New Target Operating Model
One of the fastest growing technology and logistics companies required specialist change expertise to facilitate the transformation of their finance group, involving a significant change to ways of working and employee mindset. Moving from a task-oriented, internally focused, siloed way of working to a more strategic, customer focused, integrated team with a shared vision. Our client has approximately 20,000 employees, with the transformation work encompassing the design and delivery of a new Target Operating Model, role changes for approximately 3,000 people, and a major shift in culture and mindset to prioritise customer-focused delivery.
Afiniti was chosen as the preferred change partner with a twofold remit: to act as an organisational change management partner to co-create sustainable ways of working while increasing internal capability to lead and manage the change, and to be a hands-on partner to deliver a people-centric change approach tailored to the different audiences as we rolled out the new customer-first mindset.
- Co-created personas with our client to allow for rapid adjustments and prototyping so that energy and time could be better spent on fit for purpose solutions
- Afiniti partnered with the leadership team to cultivate an active leaders’ mindset.
- This included:
- End-to-end process mapping facilitation
- Value proposition statements for 13 finance teams
- Elevator pitch avatar videos featuring short, animated messages from leaders
- Transition events facilitated by leaders to orient teams to the changes
- Change champion network to drive and embed the new mindset
- Active leader updates throughout the lifecycle of the change
- Used personas in the development of user journeys
- Ran Process Familiarisation Sessions to provide a live, virtual forum for employees to get an overview of the new process and where to find more information
- Created a visual design and developed a narrative to tell the story of the programme and a set of key messages specific to our audiences
- Virtual immersion events to provide a safe environment to ask questions
- Post launch and go-live learning to prepare and embed the change in mindset
The Differences We Made
Over the 8-month period, the programme delivered a people-centric change approach for both the Target Operating Model and the new system with associated new processes/ways of working.
The Afiniti team set this chain of events in motion by partnering with our client to accomplish:
- New operating model delivered across the business on time
- 689 attendees from Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain across 6 session
- ~1,000 attendees across 28 virtual training modules after go-live
- Programme of learning path guided learning for all 3000 stakeholders
- 1,000+ people planned to attend Immersion Events
- 426 average users per day to the programme gSite