- With learning consultants around the country, we responded to all the last minute changes that inevitably cropped up.
An iPhone Revolution on the Railway
Our client needed its maintenance workers to embrace new devices as part of an ambitious asset management programme.
iPhone deployment to 13,000 people sounds fun, but not everyone has the same desire for shiny new technology.
Apple devices marked the start of a programme to improve how the entire railway handles asset data, and our client needed all maintenance workers to change the way they operate.
For those who trust a pen and paper, learning to love an unusual object is quite a challenge – and one that we were pleased to take on.
We chose to deploy the iPhones in three waves. Using the power of influence, each group was selected by role, so they could help and encourage the next.
- Careful project and risk management was key – in one session, each user needed to open their device, have it working and understand the purpose of the wider programme. Any gaps would risk the pace of adoption.
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ communications campaign enticed geographically diverse shift workers to come into a classroom environment.
- Our training design came through collaboration with business stakeholders, to understand people’s training needs so we could make the most of every minute.
We delivered what we promised, on time and to budget and beyond expectation:
- 91% of delegates turned up to their training – a result of a tenacious communications approach
- Our client’s people gave Afiniti trainers a score of 3.7 out of 4 – significantly beyond expectation
- We updated our stakeholders direct information from our system, Learning Server. It meant we could address issues on the spot.