Supporting the Railway Family with Railway Benefit Fund
The 160-year-old Railway Benefit Fund supports current and former rail industry employees and their families. The charity offers financial assistance, practical help and wide-ranging advice, all in the strictest of confidence. They tailor their support based on need, which is provided on a short or long-term basis. Afiniti has been delighted to support RBF on a pro bono basis since January 2021.
The focus of our support has been to bolster the small office team as it delivers against its strategic objectives, particularly in increasing awareness and understanding of who they are and what they do through their messaging and comms as well as developing their website provision. The ever-competitive charity sector continues to face financial challenges at a time of increased demand in the context of Covid and the cost of living crisis.
- Extending the reach of the charity, raising the profile and building awareness and engagement across stakeholders
- Building out the proposition around the range of services for rail colleagues
- Driving towards more modern, digital channels
- Exploring the messaging for the Railway Benefit Fund within the context of the brand and competition with other rail charities
- Developing a key message framework to aid prioritisation and targeting of messaging against key audiences
- Producing a communications approach, built around targeted campaigns to support strategic objectives, with a clear roadmap
- Identifying and delivering a new website structure aligned to user experience and enabling fundraising and beneficiary needs
- Outlining a narrative to help key audiences understand who the RBF are and what they do, targeted at increased fundraising and beneficiary awareness
The Differences We Made
- Provided a focus on key strategic objectives designed to secure the long-term financial security of the charity
- Designed our delivery around people: for beneficiaries, for donors, for the Railway Benefit Fund team
- Structured our delivery to support the small, busy RBF team to prioritise activity against the charity’s strategic objectives
- Actively promoted the RBF within Network Rail and on social media to increase awareness of them and what they do to support people in the rail industry
- The RBF has now launched a new, modern and fully fit-for-purpose website so they can more easily reach donors and beneficiaries.
Curious to learn how else Afiniti supports the rail industry? Discover our transport case studies to see how we make change stick.