Change Management to Support 700 People With New Roles, Processes and Relocation
Afiniti delivered a managed communications service and engaged employees throughout a significant period of business change.
Network Rail runs, maintains and develops Britain’s rail infrastructure, with four million passenger journeys every day. Information Management (IM) provides cutting-edge IT to over 35,000 employees and 20 train/freight operators. To help understand the people and culture in IM, Afiniti completed a ‘discovery’ phase in an intense period of learning and analysis. The IM Better Ahead strategic journey was then created. A subsequent business change communications strategy was developed and implemented to ensure that employees remained focused and engaged.
- A rich picture to visualise and bring to life IM Better Ahead
- Branded collateral for all IM Better Ahead communications
- An interactive SharePoint site as the focal point for all IM Better Ahead communication and information
- A branded HTML monthly newsletter
- Interactive road shows to introduce and develop IM Better Ahead (including video creation)
- Posters telling stories help build pride and passion
- A podcast series to keep up the momentum on IM Better Ahead
- A communications hub to give IM Better Ahead a physical presence in the office
- A survey to measure effectiveness, plus subsequent analysis and recommendations
The Differences We Made
- 100% of attendees rated their road show experience as ‘Good’ or ‘Excellent’ following the campaign, compared to 77% before.
- Survey findings discovered that 83% of employees were very committed to making IM Better Ahead a success.
- Visualisation of the key strategic theme in IM.
- A clearly, branded, professional look and feel to all IM Better Ahead business change communications.
- An online newsletter that’s easy to read based on audience needs.