Achieving Sustained Growth Through Structured Business Change
Afiniti delivered structured change with the UK’s most trusted Parcels company to improve the way they do business
Our client, a large logistics company, handles 1.2bn parcels each year and faces real challenges, with customers demanding more choice, convenience and information. The Parcels Transformation Programme was formed to implement the client’s strategy for growth, in order to sustain their leadership position by becoming more flexible, efficient and offering more choice.
Afiniti worked within the central programme team to integrate planning across projects, enable clear decision making through enhanced management information, and manage the programme benefits case.
- We deployed a Business Partnering approach to integrate 10 core projects into one capability led critical path.
- We created a clear framework for the Programme Board to use to govern the transformation.
- We integrated the programme investment with the Group Capital Investment – ensuring alignment to strategic priorities.
- We maintained and updated programme benefits in the context of a changing parcels market, programme re-authority and schedule movement.
- We specified, reviewed and improved programme KPIs and Performance Board Packs in order to create visibility and maintain programme agility.
The Differences We Made
- New capabilities were optimised and adoption was improved – due to our integrated planning and co-ordinated approach to change.
- The change was Benefits driven – benefits management was integrated with programme governance to maintain benefit centricity through change control.
- Agile decision making was enabled – due to programme management information being optimised and visibility being increased.
- Strategic alignment – programme investment and benefits were passed through Group governance and aligned to the capital book and business priorities.