We are currently expanding our talented team of business change consultants and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced change communications consultant.
At Afiniti, our values and ethos are pivotal to our way of thinking and working and it’s vital for us to attract, retain and develop like-minded people, who truly reflect our brand – we believe we are exceptional people – doing exceptional things!
Listed for consecutive years by the FT as one of the UK’s Leading Management Consultancies, our diverse, award-winning team thrives on solving client problems and tackling challenges. We are brimming with ideas and enjoy co-creating with colleagues and clients. We are committed to delivering high-quality work, are positive, curious, proactive, and above all else, love working as part of a team.
This is a permanent opportunity for an energetic, flexible change communications specialist to join us as a Senior Change Communications Consultant.
In this busy, fast-paced role, you will work with us on large-scale, global and complex business change programmes that impact our clients’ people, process and technology. You will be responsible for designing and delivering communications and engagement solutions, working closely with clients to embed new behaviours and ways of working. You’ll have the opportunity to help shape these solutions, take ownership of their delivery, guide more junior consultants, and demonstrate your ability to mix strategy and delivery as well as your talents for consultancy, creativity and commercial acumen. In the process, you’ll gain great exposure to a variety of clients across different industries including pharmaceuticals, energy and transport, as well as to broader business change consultancy.
As an Afiniti Senior Change Communications Consultant, your role will typically include:
- Finding, creating and telling the story for the change and designing messaging to support it.
- Creating communications strategies and plans that understand the scale, nature and complexity of the change, and managing their delivery, working by yourself and alongside other consultants, to scope, budget and quality.
- Developing engaging communications campaigns and producing compelling, creative collateral, including: appealing visual assets, polished presentations, intranet, email and off-line content, and impactful animations and videos. This will involve collaborating closely with our in-house design team.
- Building, supporting and sustaining change agent networks
- Carrying out measurement approaches and strategies, evaluating results and taking lessons learned.
- Developing and managing strong client relationships, influencing and collaborating with senior stakeholders to gain commitment.
- Helping clients develop their internal change capabilities and ‘co-creating’ sustainable engagement approaches with them.
As such, ideally you will bring:
- A relevant degree or equivalent and at least 7 years’ experience in internal communications, from strategy through to hands-on tactical delivery, with significant experience of providing communications to support large-scale business change programmes encompassing technology, process and organisational change.
- Experience in, and exposure to, business change in a range of industry sectors and impacting diverse audiences including office-based, operational and remote teams.
- Ability to demonstrate a consultative approach from previous experience, and confidence self-managing a varied workload.
- A highly creative mind-set and significant experience in briefing and working with designers to produce engaging communications materials.
- Excellent writing skills, including storytelling and the creation of key messaging, as well as confident presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong client-facing and stakeholder management skills, with a track record of successful relationship management at senior management level.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to balance commercial restraints with high quality delivery.
- An understanding of the concept and practice of business change and how people go through change is necessary; knowledge of business change principles, methodologies or tools (e.g. Prosci ADKAR) is highly desirable.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to work with our talented, award-winning team.
- Flexible-working options – we have a range of roles including part-time and full-time.
- Depending on the role requirements, there’s the opportunity to mix face-to-face time on-site with clients, work from our central London office, take part in virtual-team-working and spend some of your time working from home.*
- Regular Afiniti check-ins, networking and knowledge sharing opportunities – you’ll be able to learn from the best while also sharing your own unique experiences.
- Build your portfolio of consulting experience with our prestigious clients.
- A long-standing partnership – we take personal and professional development seriously and invest in our people through coaching, training and mentoring.
*depending on the nature of the role and our international client base, some travel, possibly overseas, may be required.
We’re looking for someone who will be able to travel to our London office and our clients in the South East, regularly. You’ll have the opportunity to work flexibly from home at times too, although we are seeking someone who is also happy to undertake travel to other UK, European and, occasionally, global locations – different clients and projects have different travel requirements.
For an immediate conversation to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply to Sarah Pina with your current CV and tell us why you would like to work with us.