This is an immediate opportunity for an experienced change management consultant with demonstrable change communications experience too, to join us as a Senior Change and Communications Consultant.
At Afiniti, our values and ethos are pivotal to our way of thinking and working and it’s vital for us to attract, retain and develop like-minded people, who truly reflect our brand – we believe we are exceptional people – doing exceptional things!
Listed for consecutive years by the FT as one of the UK’s Leading Management Consultancies, our diverse, award-winning team thrives on solving client problems and tackling challenges. We are brimming with ideas and enjoy co-creating with colleagues and clients. We are committed to delivering high-quality work, are positive, curious, proactive, and above all else, love working as part of a team.
In this busy, fast-paced role, you will work with us on our clients’ complex, large-scale (often global) business change programmes impacting their people, processes and technology.
Working with drive and energy, you’ll be responsible for delivering and at times leading others in delivery of change management and communications deliverables including: change impact analysis and change readiness analysis, change strategy and plan (incorporating communications and engagement), stakeholder analysis, engagement and management, and the establishment and ongoing support of change / adoption networks. This is a varied role that will provide you with ample opportunity to use both your change management and communications experience and demonstrate your talents for consultancy, creativity and commercial acumen.
As an Afiniti Senior Change and Communications Consultant, your role will typically include:
- Managing change management and communications deliverables to scope, time and quality.
- Creating and executing change and communications strategies and plans that maximise adoption and usage and minimise resistance.
- Assessing change impacts and conducting robust change readiness analysis and actions plans.
- Carrying out detailed stakeholder analysis and creating and implementing stakeholder management plans.
- Producing compelling, creative collateral, including: polished presentations (advanced PPT user), intranet, email and off-line content, and impactful animations and videos. This will involve collaborating closely with our in-house design team.
- Carrying out engagement and adoption activities including facilitating workshops, building change networks and driving effective communications.
- Managing and engaging stakeholders throughout an engagement; influencing and collaborating with them to gain commitment to the content and strategies needed, including senior management and project/programme leadership.
- Helping clients develop their internal change capabilities and ‘co-creating’ sustainable change and engagement approaches with them.
- Ensuring your change activities and deliverables are measurable, to enable change progress to be monitored, feedback to be evaluated and lessons learned to be applied.
As such, ideally you will bring:
- A relevant degree or equivalent and typically with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience in change and communications consulting or business partnering roles, supporting large-scale business change programmes encompassing technology, process and organisational change.
- Strong consulting track record with proven ability to deliver significant business outcomes as a result of successful change and comms activities.
- Ideally, experience in, and exposure to, business change in a range of industry sectors and impacting diverse audiences including office-based, operational and remote teams.
- A deep understanding of how people go through change and the change process with in-depth knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools, evidenced by theoretical underpinning (Kotter, PROSCI, CMI etc).
- A creative mind-set and experience in briefing and working with designers to produce engaging communications materials.
- Strong client-facing and stakeholder management skills, with a track record of successful relationship management at senior management level.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to work with our talented, award-winning team.
- Flexible-working options – we have a range of roles including part-time and full-time.
- Regular Afiniti check-ins, networking and knowledge sharing opportunities – you’ll be able to learn from the best while also sharing your own unique experiences.
- Build your portfolio of consulting experience with our prestigious clients.
- A long-standing partnership – we take personal and professional development seriously and invest in our people through coaching, training and mentoring.
We’re looking for someone who will be able to travel to our London office and our clients in the South East, regularly. You’ll have the opportunity to work flexibly from home at times too, although we are seeking someone who is also happy to undertake travel to other UK, European and, occasionally, global locations – different clients and projects have different travel requirements.
For an immediate conversation to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply to Sarah Corsar with your current CV and tell us why you would like to work with us.