Creating Readiness to Change by Empowering Leaders
To enhance readiness to change, our client, a large life sciences company, launched their first-ever global leaders’ events for two of their functions; Regulatory, Safety & Quality and Medical Affairs. Each event was held across two days and attended by over 150 global leaders. The agendas for each event were uniquely developed in line with the needs of the functions, whilst supporting the overarching theme of empowering leaders to develop a change-ready culture within the wider organisation.
Afiniti’s role was to unite leaders, develop an understanding of a change-ready culture and provide materials and insights into how learnings can be practically applied and cascaded to teams. We worked closely with leaders for each event to develop the agendas and all supporting materials. We created and delivered bespoke workshops to foster a ‘change-ready culture’, which required active engagement and participation from attendees. Prior to the event, attendees took part in Afiniti’s 6LeverTM assessment, which identified their current level of change readiness. The results highlighted that many leaders were resistant to change and struggled to effectively communicate change, driven by a lack of connection between leaders and their teams on change initiatives. We integrated these findings with the new visual identities to create excitement around the new culture and empower leaders to effectively communicate and educate their teams.
- Worked closely with leaders to clearly define the goals for the meetings and create an agenda that followed an engaging narrative.
- We designed learning nudges that were released in the lead up to the events, containing preparatory activities to help contribute towards the main events.
- Built and delivered bespoke workshops, which focused on the unique needs identified by the results from the 6LeverTM surveys.
- We supported over 20 presenters in the development of their content and developed engaging slide decks which were brought to life by through the visual identities and animations.
- We created event wrap-up documents and resources for leaders to use with their teams following the event to champion change and communicate more effectively such as ‘workshops in a box.
The Differences We Made
Executive Director, Global Regulatory Affairs
“We have been one organisation for 18 months now, but this is the first time that I have felt that I am truly part of something bigger than just my team. I feel inspired.”
Across the two events we helped the client to achieve the following:
- The events successfully hosted 150 global leaders, meeting for the first time in person with uniquely designed people-focused agendas. This was also the first-time leaders had attended a meeting with an agenda focused on personal development.
- The bespoke workshops were designed to empower leaders to confidently cascade and develop ‘change-ready culture’. Following the event, leaders were equipped with six adapted ‘workshops in a box’ to support them communicating learnings to their teams.
- Post-event engagement was enhanced through the launch of a six-episode podcast series highlighting change success stories and best practices in collaboration, in cross-functional settings.
- The global leadership teams across all functions we worked with are now equipped with materials and learnings to develop readiness to change amongst their own teams, empowering them to deliver future change programmes with more agility and effectiveness.