At Afiniti, our values and ethos are pivotal to our way of thinking and working and it’s vital for us to attract, retain and develop like-minded people, who truly reflect our brand – we believe we are exceptional people – doing exceptional things!
Listed for consecutive years by the FT as one of the UK’s Leading Management Consultancies, our diverse, award-winning team thrives on solving client problems and tackling challenges. We are brimming with ideas and enjoy co-creating with colleagues and clients. We are committed to delivering high-quality work, are positive, curious, proactive, and above all else, love working as part of a team.
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to deliver our marketing strategy, and position, articulate and sell Afiniti’s unique business change proposition and approach.
As Marketing Manager, you will get involved in all aspects of developing and delivering the marketing strategy, with a strong focus on digital communications, writing, content development for the various digital channels and good knowledge of analytics for reporting on the success of these channels. You will be actively involved in business development and sales, managing the early stage process, working with the Partners and business development team to deliver sales campaigns aligned to the business strategy. You will seek out opportunities to engage and strengthen client relationships using our marketing collateral and network. You will support proposals and sales pitches, positioning and aligning our services to specific client requirements. You will be responsible for supporting people engagement activities as well as driving marketing activities to support the talent acquisition strategy and employer branding through promotional campaigns, careers website, events and external channels.
This role requires a passion for marketing, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build successful relationships with colleagues at all levels. Reporting directly into the Partnership leadership team, you will be expected to be proactive, use your initiative to be self-managing, self-motivated and highly organised in your delivery of a pragmatic marketing strategy that is aligned to Afiniti’s overall business goals.
The role focuses on four key areas with additional non-marketing activities being undertaken to support people engagement and communications:
Strategy, management and creative thinking
- Contribute to annual marketing strategy and plan aligned to business objectives; driving execution
- Evolve Afiniti’s proposition, approaches and services to clearly articulate these through the various marketing channels and forums
- Report on all aspects of the marketing performance, making suggestions and driving improvements
- Managing and delivering highly relevant and creative sales and marketing activities that promote Afiniti
- Working with the Practice Leads to reflect and promote the portfolio of services though marketing opportunities and sales and marketing collateral
- Working with the Partners to agree early stage sales objectives and activities to support the business strategy and sales targets
- Develop and execute marketing activities to support Afiniti’s talent acquisition and retention strategy, promoting employer branding awareness and communications including raising the profile of the careers website, using external employer platforms such as LinkedIn and Glassdoor or equivalent
Digital marketing and content creation
- Creating and co-ordinating compelling content for the various digital channels
- Writing and co-creating thought leadership pieces, blogs and newsletters
- Managing the content schedule including working with various contributors and senior team
- Managing and updating the Afiniti social media channels
- Working with the SEO team to track analytics, webpage performance and user experience to optimise to evaluate the effectiveness
- Driving best practice in use of LinkedIn and other social media for the partnership
Business development support
- Working with the sales team to define and execute marketing campaigns to support the sales strategy and target audience groups
- Manage tele-sales executive to maximise targets and sales activity
- Working with the business development team to support proposals and pitches
- Creating and updating sales collateral and tools
- Generating relevant and quality leads to feed into the sales process
- Nurturing leads and contacts in the sales process through content marketing
- Managing tender portals and completing pre-qualification questions
- Supporting client delivery e.g. writing copy, providing creative writing, event co-ordination and desk research
- Working closely with the internal support roles, driving continuous improvement and contributing to internal initiatives
- Charity – drive and lead Afiniti’s charity work, getting team behind fundraising and sharing effort through Afiniti digital and social channels
- Internal communications and people engagement activities
Skills and knowledge required:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a related field (e.g. English, Journalism, Marketing, Digital Media, Communications)
- 6+ years of experience in marketing including complementary roles
- Worked with senior teams to develop strategies and plans to execute effective marketing
- Experience writing within (or for) the services industry
- A good understanding of Content Management Systems (i.e. WordPress)
- Experience of B2B marketing (professional services advantageous)
- A good knowledge of SEO practices (Google Analytics, Ad Words)
- Experience of lead generation in a B2B environment
- Experience in email marketing and automation software (MailChimp or similar)
- Knowledge of using a CRM (i.e. SalesForce)
- Experience in writing and publishing blogs and maximising reach via social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google)
- An excellent writer with superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and proofreading
- Journalistic skills to research and develop industry articles
This role will be based in our London office. You’ll have the opportunity to work flexibly from home at times too, and we are seeking someone who is also happy to undertake occasional travel to other UK locations.